Two years ago we featured six of our favorite Giving Circles in Los Angeles, the city where Starfish Impact was founded. Since then, Giving Circles have not only continued to grow in popularity, but also in number, and we decided to augment the original list with six more.
- EPIP Los Angeles Giving Circle – EPIPLA’s Giving Circle invites individuals to commit $10 per month to join to help support a local nonprofit. Open to members and non-members alike, this provides the opportunity for philanthropy professionals to get hands-on experience leveraging dollars, expertise, and passion to improve our community.
- Asian Pacific Islander Giving Circle – This Giving Circle supports small Asian American Pacific Islander organizations and projects in Los Angeles county that are engaged in innovative, risk-taking work and that may not be supported by traditional avenues of support. Their past grantees include Tuesday Night Project and Kizuna.
- Angelenos for LA Fund – Based out of the Liberty Hill Foundation, this Giving Circle focuses primarily on creating and supporting positive social change in the greater Los Angeles black community.
- Los Angeles Women’s Giving Circle – Focusing on organizations that help young women, this Giving Circle gives three to four grants annually of several thousand dollars each. Past grantees include The Birthday Box Project and Taking the Reins.
- Jewish Venture Philanthropy Fund – This Giving Circle is celebrating its 15th year of funding new and innovative programs. They provide a special emphasis on incorporating business principles in, and ensuring scalability and sustainability of, the organizations funded.
- Women + Girls CA – Based out of the Women’s Foundation of California, this Giving Circle straddles both the Bay Area and Los Angeles communities. With a $20 monthly minimum donation, this Giving Circle has gifted to Los Angeles based Downtown Women’s Center.
Are you thinking of joining or starting a Giving Circle? First take a look at this list of what makes a great Giving Circle. Are you a part of a Giving Circle that deserves to be on this list? Let us know online at @StarfishMarta.
Sign up here to receive the highlights from the Starfish Impact blog in your inbox.