Are you a teacher looking for funds? Take a look at these businesses that fund education, teachers, and classrooms.
- Toshiba’s America Foundation offers $1,000 grants for teachers of Grades K-5 to bring an innovative hands-on project into their own classroom. For teachers of Grades 6-12, the Foundation offers larger grants for teachers who are passionate about making science and mathematics more engaging for their students.
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grants $5,000 for technology upgrades, tools for STEM programs, facility renovations and safety improvements.
- Whole Food’s Whole Kids Foundation has a variety of different grant programs to apply for including a program that grants a bee hive to your classroom to building edible outdoor classrooms through the creation of school gardens.
- The Walmart Foundation provides cash grants of $250 – $5,000 as long at the school fits within one of their broad 8 areas of funding.
- The Dollar General’s Literacy Foundation offers youth literacy grants to help students who are below grade level or having trouble reading.
- The Snapdragon Book Foundation provides books for school and/or educational libraries for disadvantaged students.
- Target recently started offering Field Trip grants valued up to $700 each to support learning outside the classroom.
- Best Buy’s Foundation funds out-of-school time programs that create hands-on access to technology education and tools that teens will need to be successful in their future schooling and careers with grants averaging $4,000 – $6,000.
- State Farm’s Good Neighbor Citizenship® Company Grants funds safety, education, and community development including initiatives that more directly support under-served individuals, helping them obtain the skills and credentials they need to be successful in today’s workforce.
Are you a local business that funds schools? Have you successfully applied to one of these grants? Share with us at @StarfishMarta so that we can support each other.
Sign up here to receive the highlights from the Starfish Impact blog in your inbox.