#SupportingOurSector is a Starfish Impact curated giving collaborative of businesses in the community seeking to support the community in meaningful ways and magnify their own efforts by joining a group of socially conscious business peers. We’re excited to feature one of the businesses today, RMO, LLP.
1. Welcome to #SupportingOurSector! We’re thrilled to have you join in this exciting initiative! Can you tell us a bit about your company – what makes it unique, who started it, what you’re doing in the Los Angeles community for potential clients?
My partner, Sean Muntz, and I (Scott Rahn) started RMO to bring our personal touch to cost-effective, efficient litigation services, for both our individual and institutional clients. Our entire team of attorneys strives each and every day to get clients results that not only add to their bottom line, but also give them peace of mind. We appreciate our clients’ who entrust us to handle their trust and probate estate, as well as other matters from time to time. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are the single most important thing to us. They’re what drive us to do the good work we do.
2. What attracted you to join #SupportingOurSector this year? Is there an element of the initiative that gets you really excited?
‘Doing well by doing good’ within the communities we serve is a foundation of who we are as people and who we are as a law firm. We understand our role in the larger business ecosystem that requires all of us to impart our talents in ways that can benefit and serve others. #SupportingOurSector provides an outlet for us to meet other, like-minded professionals in a way that exponentially compounds our individual contributions.
3. What other community initiatives does your company engage in?
We encourage all of the firm’s professionals to engage in causes for which they are passionate. This includes participation in organizations that benefit children’s issues and groups that provide no-cost legal services to underserved communities such as legal aid associations and clinics, charities, bar associations, formal business networking groups, and alumni associations. Additionally, the RMO Foundation provides resources to needy clients through a variety of charities within the community at large.
4. What are you hoping to get out of your participation in #SupportingOurSector?
We look forward to leveraging our participation in #SupportingOurSector to better our community by meeting other professionals who can expand our reach—whether within business or philanthropy – and give us an opportunity to do more good.
5. Risk is an aspect of operations that companies try to mitigate, and often comes with experimentation, new products or programs, and innovation. The #SupportingOurSector initiative is one way businesses can experiment with minimal risks to the brand. Can you tell us how your company is innovating and experimenting in other areas?
We are currently developing technologies to provide a greater number of consumers with access to lower-cost legal services. We look forward to launching the first of our technologies this year.
6.#SupportingOurSector is unique for a number of reasons, one of which is that in the past we have connected all of our Business Partners to the nonprofits, and many have since provided pro bono services. How can your services benefit the nonprofit community?
RMO as a firm and our individual professionals regularly provide pro bono services to needy clients and organizations. We are committed to continuing these efforts as part of the #SupportingOurSector community.
7. This year, the collaborative will be a part of the Fast Pitch through Social Venture Partners, an organization whose two-fold mission is to catalyze significant long-term social change in Los Angeles through expanding the capacity of innovative nonprofits and cultivating effective and engaged philanthropists. Has your company been involved in any partnerships, nonprofits or otherwise that you’d like to feature?
Through the RMO Foundation we have been able to collaborate with various charities to provide low or no-cost legal services. The firm and its professionals have collaborated with various charities in these capacities, including Bet Tzedek, Public Counsel Law Center, particularly the Children’s Rights Project, Public Counsel’s Debtor Assistance Project, and the Center for Veterans’ Advancement. . We are proud of the work we do and the positive impact it has on making our communities better.
Sign up here to receive the highlights from the Starfish Impact blog in your inbox.
Want to join Scott and hundreds of other business leaders, philanthropists, and thought leaders at the Fast Pitch event? Buy your tickets.