#SupportingOurSector is a Starfish Impact curated giving collaborative of businesses in the community seeking to support the community in meaningful ways and magnify their own efforts by joining a group of socially conscious business peers. We’re excited to feature one of the businesses today, Sanli Pastore & Hill.
1. Welcome to #SupportingOurSector! We’re thrilled to have you join in this exciting initiative! Can you tell us a bit about your company – what makes it unique, who started it, what you’re doing in the Los Angeles community for potential clients?
Sanli Pastore & Hill, Inc., was founded in 1992 by Nevin Sanli, Thomas Pastore and J. Clinton Hill and is the US leader in Special Situations Financial Opinions for high-stakes circumstances. We provide expert witness testimony; valuations for shareholder buy-out disputes and reorganizations; contentious divorces; fairness and solvency opinions; valuations for business succession and large estates; litigation support; economic and forensic analysis; and damage calculations. From firms with as little as $10 million in revenues to the largest corporations in the world like Bank of America, AIG, Wal-Mart, CBS Outdoor/Outfront Media, Valero Energy, Home Depot, among others, our clients trust us in bet-the-firm situations that require live testimony in courts, presentations at board and shareholder meetings, and appearances at regulatory and government agency public hearings. With offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, and Chicago, we are highly experienced and our trained teams work on nationwide projects as well as local matters both in state and federal courts. We have also worked on international projects in Canada, Mexico, France, England, Turkey, Nepal, Japan, Taiwan, and Italy.
2. What attracted you to join #SupportingOurSector this year? Is there an element of the initiative that gets you really excited?
We were attracted by the entire program. The innovative collective giving model ensures that various nonprofits are given a hand up so that they can be a great resource throughout our community and make a real impact for change.
3. What are you hoping to get out of your participation in #SupportingOurSector?
We are looking forward to being a part of the bigger picture, so that the nonprofit community continues to thrive. The issues the Fast Pitch finalists are tackling affect each and everyone of us. As a part of the community, it is up to all of us to support these positive efforts. Sanli Pastore & Hill, Inc. is really proud to be one of these voices.
4. Risk is an aspect of operations that companies try to mitigate, and often comes with experimentation, new products or programs, and innovation. The #SupportingOurSector initiative is one way businesses can experiment with minimal risks to the brand. Can you tell us how your company is innovating and experimenting in other areas?
Our company started at a time when there wasn’t really a platform for the services we provide. We saw a need and continue to build upon the needs as they evolve. There is common saying: if you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready, and that’s how we run our company. We strive to stay at the forefront by keeping up to date and well trained without compromise, because integrity is everything and we will always have that at our advantage. We provide a high-quality service with the strongest work ethic and we proudly stand by that in all we do.
5. #SupportingOurSector is unique for a number of reasons, one of which is that in the past we have connected all of our Business Partners to the nonprofits, and many have since provided pro bono services. How can your services benefit the nonprofit community?
While large corporations make up a significant part of our business, there are many nonprofit organizations that should see themselves in the same light given their size and the complexity of their operations. Some examples of that work might include business valuations, consulting services, and financial opinions to help nonprofits increase their acumen about their specific business and services.
6. This year, the collaborative will be a part of the Fast Pitch through Social Venture Partners, an organization whose two-fold mission is to catalyze significant long-term social change in Los Angeles through expanding the capacity of innovative nonprofits and cultivating effective and engaged philanthropists. Has your company been involved in any partnerships, nonprofits or otherwise that you’d like to feature?
Our company has over the years been involved with many nonprofits, specifically with the partners sitting on several nonprofit boards throughout the year. We have been pleased to previously participate with the New West Charter School, a California distinguished school located in West Los Angeles. While on the Parent Governance Board, Nevin Sanli, as well as Tom Pastore, supported the school and its mission to provide quality education by creating an environment that promotes academic excellence and strong character development in an equally diverse environment. The company’s involvement with the school further fostered the partners’ belief that a quality education should be afforded to everyone and not just based solely on the socioeconomic abilities of parents.
Another program the company is passionate about is the Los Angeles United Futbol Academy. Former City Attorney of Los Angeles, Rockard “Rocky” Delgadillo founded the Academy to provide the very best soccer skill development to Los Angeles youths regardless of socioeconomic status. The club, in partnership with the athletes’ parents, guide and manage the participants academic career and provide a platform using soccer to develop and inspire scholar-athletes in the city of Los Angeles. Sanli Pastore & Hill, Inc. is passionate about the goals and achievements of nonprofits and looks forward to being a part of Starfish Impact projects including #SupportingOurSector.
Sign up here to receive the highlights from the Starfish Impact blog in your inbox.
Want to join Nevin and hundreds of other business leaders, philanthropists, and thought leaders at the Fast Pitch event? Buy your tickets.