#SupportingOurSector is a Starfish Impact curated giving collaborative of businesses in the community seeking to support the community in meaningful ways and magnify their own efforts by joining a group of socially conscious business peers. We’re excited to feature one of the businesses today, Botoff Consulting.
1. Welcome to #SupportingOurSector! We’re thrilled to have you join in this exciting initiative! Can you tell us a bit about your company – what makes it unique, who started it, what you’re doing in the Los Angeles community for potential clients?
Trish Botoff founded Botoff Consulting five years ago to better serve the needs of family offices, family and private business enterprises, and philanthropic clients. The firm provides compensation, benefits, and other HR consulting services – combining in-depth analyses and individualized consulting counsel to deliver effective actions, and plans to achieve strategic results.
Our diverse team of consultants brings not only a deep array of insights, but also a long history of prior experience working together – enabling us to build on each other’s strengths to create a seamless experience for all clients. With offices in three major cities on both the east and west coasts, we are able to serve our clients nationally as well as globally. We recently relocated our firm’s primary office to Los Angeles where we are expanding our presence and supporting new clients in the community.
2. What attracted you to join #SupportingOurSector this year? Is there an element of the initiative that gets you really excited?
As a new addition to the LA business community, we were attracted to join #SupportingOurSector this year for a variety of reasons. In addition to our family office/business enterprise clients, we specialize in working with nonprofits and foundations. Through our independent, customized consulting services, we are able to deliver unique solutions to philanthropic organizations.
By joining the #SupportingOurSector giving collaborative, we are further deepening our dedication and support. We’re also excited to continue our investment in our new community – especially to support the continued development of the impressive nonprofits in this year’s Fast Pitch.
Together with #SupportingOurSector and these deserving organizations, we are proud to continue growing Los Angeles and providing real impact to the larger social sector.
3. What other community initiatives does your company engage in?
This team has always been dedicated to improving the communities we live in, both personally and professionally. Professionally, we work together to deliver cost effective solutions, and we provide a discount to our services for philanthropic clients.
Botoff Consulting supports our team members who volunteer their time for initiatives to which they are personally connected – in addition to supporting initiatives including Habitat for Humanity, local food banks, and various local animal shelters, the team has seven rescue dogs, a rescue horse, and a joint venture rescue donkey.
4. What are you hoping to get out of your participation in #SupportingOurSector?
We want to contribute to making a larger impact in the area and continue to deepen our relationships in the Los Angeles community. We are invested in the thriving business community in Los Angeles and are excited to further expand our network and facilitate social impact in the community.
5. Risk is an aspect of operations that companies try to mitigate, and often comes with experimentation, new products or programs, and innovation. The #SupportingOurSector initiative is one way businesses can experiment with minimal risks to the brand. Can you tell us how your company is innovating and experimenting in other areas?
Innovation and constant improvement is the reason Botoff Consulting exists at all. We launched with the mission to create new information sources to fill a vacuum in the global firms. Botoff Consulting began by and continues to lead a number of family office compensation studies to capture market trends and best practices. We incorporate this proprietary data into our distinctive consulting process – with our robust analysis, we are able to deliver innovative solutions to tackle an organization’s toughest challenges. These solutions vastly improve operations, structure, efficiency, and long-term sustainability for our clients. The family office and nonprofit industries can often provide unique challenges that require individualized solutions. Our team’s diverse expertise and experience brings a history of experimentation and tried-and-true wisdom and learning.
6. #SupportingOurSector is unique for a number of reasons, one of which is that in the past we have connected all of our Business Partners to the nonprofits, and many have since provided pro bono services. How can your services benefit the nonprofit community?
As mentioned earlier, we are committed to community impact, and build in pro bono work hours with each of our nonprofit clients. We work with nonprofits to help guide them in establishing reasonable compensation for executives and staff, and with boards to help ensure appropriate governance processes and procedures in oversight of compensation.
7. This year, the collaborative will be a part of the Fast Pitch through Social Venture Partners, an organization whose two-fold mission is to catalyze significant long-term social change in Los Angeles through expanding the capacity of innovative nonprofits and cultivating effective and engaged philanthropists. Has your company been involved in any partnerships, nonprofits or otherwise that you’d like to feature?
With our firm just recently relocating to Los Angeles, we haven’t yet had the opportunity to partner with any local nonprofits, be we are looking forward to become more engaged with the local community.
Sign up here to receive the highlights from the Starfish Impact blog in your inbox.
Want to join Trish and hundreds of other business leaders, philanthropists, and thought leaders at the Fast Pitch event? Buy your tickets.