While we are all hoping for a better year, month, and week to come, no matter what comes we will always need to deal with the challenges of daily life. Knowing this, it is important to cultivate the habits and activities that support wellbeing practices. For some, this may come naturally. If you need a bit of a boost in your wellbeing practice, try one of these 20 free resources.
- Sign on for the Healthy Minds Innovation’s daily live guided meditations on YouTube when you need an extra push to start meditation.
- Identify the risk factors and signs of emotional distress so that you catch yourself before allowing them to take over.
- Learn how to do diaphragmatic breathing to de-stress, stabilize your mood, and help curb anxiety.
- Open up your journal and start with one of these positive journaling prompts to build a healthy relationship with yourself.
- Find and join a support group that speaks to your identity, condition, or the current challenge you are experiencing.
- Open a library card at your local public library and dive into their vast resources of books, films, audiobooks, and more.
- Take an old vase, mason jar or bucket and start a gratitude jar in your house.
- Sit down and write a handwritten letter to mail to a friend.
- Cultivate moments of joy by keeping track in your happy feed.
- Listen to Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris podcast.
- Download a white noise app to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Learn more about what goes into wellbeing practices and increase your happiness and productivity by enrolling in Yale’s The Science of Well-Being course.
- Sign on for Emory’s daily compassion practice zooms to generate personal resilience and foster a sense of connection.
- Tune into one of the New York Philharmonic’s archived performances.
- Get moving with one of Core Power Yoga’s on demand class library wherever you are.
- Watch one of these 10 (or all of them) TED talk videos when you feel burned out to ease your frustration and get you back in the spirit.
- Follow @selfcareisforeveryone on Instagram for reassuring messages, relatable graphics, and self-care prompts.
- Listen to one of Calm’s sleep stories to settle your busy mind and help you relax your body so you can drift off to sleep.
- Download these ‘feel all the feels’ activity cards to help all the members in your family identify and manage their emotions.
- Listen to UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center’s mindfulness body scan meditations to better pay attention to the current moment with openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with what is.
Sign up here to receive the highlights from the Starfish Impact blog in your inbox.