Benefits & Outcomes
- Improve your mastery of Board Governance, Fundraising and Leadership practices
- Expand your network and build meaningful relationships with peers
- Learn and brainstorm new ideas, tactics and resources for your organization
- Grow through facilitation by experts in nonprofit business management and governance
- Elevate your confidence and acumen as a Board Leader
- Create a toolkit for success as a Board Leader
Benefits & Outcomes
Commit to 10 two-hour lunch-time gatherings offering a mix of guided facilitation and conversation, along with social time to get to know your peers. The location is either a private room in a restaurant or office conference room with delicious lunches provided and chosen with convenience and ambiance in mind. Your group will meet on the same day of the month for 10 months with optional breaks in December and/or the summer for holidays.
Please join us for our purposefully curated groups. We look forward to discussing your interest and priorities with you.
We will kick-off by getting to know both each other and ourselves better, and exploring why everyone is serving. Before the group starts, we will query the cohort on your priorities and reasons for joining, and what you are most interested in learning about. Topics covered will include:
- The Board and Staff leadership relationship*
- Embracing and planning for authentic JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) work
- Building and/or redefining your Board team
- Managing crisis and risk
- Strategic planning
- Leadership styles
- Building your Board Leadership toolkit
- Your commitment to yourself and your organization
- Other ad hoc areas that may emerge at the beginning of or throughout the year
The one-time, up-front program fee is $6,000 and covers the 10 sessions and meals. All group materials, planning and facilitation is included and you are welcome to bring your own devices and other note taking materials with you. Your company or the nonprofit you serve, and are learning on behalf of, are welcome to sponsor your participation. This is a great way for nonprofits to support and provide professional development and peer experiential learning for their Board Leaders. Many companies also value their executive and employee involvement in the community and like to invest in their social impact and professional leadership development, as well as relationship building with other successful professionals in the community.